Birth Date:December 18, 1827 in the village of Flacht, Wuertemberg, Germany
Date of Death: February 3, 1890
Enlistment Date: September 16, 1862, at Brooklyn, to serve 3 years.
Mustered In: September 28, 1862, as Private
5 Feet 5 Inches
Muster Out Date: June 5, 1865, at Washington, DC
Wounded/Sick: Wounded in the head and face by a piece of shell, July 2, 1863, at Gettysburg, PA
Subsequent Service: Transferred to Co.H, 5th Veteran Infantry, June 2, 1864.
Marriage Date and Place: December 19, 1854, at New York City, by Dr. J.A. Loersch.
Wife's Maiden Name: Johanna S. Boehringer
Wife's Father's Name: Johann Ludwig Boehringer
Wife's Mother's Maiden Name: Anna Catharina Winter
Father's Name: Jakob Friedrich Roeker
Mother's Maiden Name: Christina Sophia Essig
Occupations: Pre War:
Occupations: Post War:
2) Dock Builders Department, Brooklyn Navy Yard
Fraternal Organizations:Fourteenth Regiment N.Y.V.V.
1) 1879 197 Atlantic Ave., Brooklyn
2) 1890 314 Atlantic St., Brooklyn
Last Pension Rate:
1) Frederick Born 6- 15 1855 Died 11-9-1937
2) David C. Born 1858 Died 4-9-1909
3) Amelia Born 1861 Died 7-12-1869
4) Charles Born 1868 Died 8-15-1908